Sonic Drive-In contains a new cheeseburger in their meal kit that features a mystery crave sauce. For a limited time only, Sonic Drive-In offers the Crave Cheeseburger.
You can have it served with the Sonic Crave Sauce, which has a sweet and tangy taste.
One can describe this fresh cream sauce base as a top-secret formula by Sonic Drive-In.
Sonic Crave Sauce consists of a mixture of spices and different dipping sauces. The Sonic Crave Sauce is ideal for giving your food more flavor. Indeed, you’ll want more once you have a taste.
So you might wonder how you can create the famous Sonic Crave Sauce at home.
Making Sonic Crave Sauce at home is simple. It requires a few simple ingredients, most of which we are sure you already have at your home.
So, if you’re ready, let’s start making this delicious sauce at home so you can have it whenever you want!
Depending on the recipe, Sonic Crave Sauce’s ingredients might vary slightly, but often they include spices, ketchup, relish, and mayo.
Together these components provide a tasty, tangy sauce.
You can serve it over a wide range of dishes.
What is the Taste of Sonic Crave Sauce?
If you have not tried the Sonic Crave Sauce, please note that this mouthwatering heavy cream is a smooth sauce with vibrant spices.
This crave cheese sauce is stuffed with decadent ingredients.
Sonic Crave sauce adds a tangy, sweet, and slightly spicy flavor to your food. A versatile, creamy sauce drizzled on various dishes.
Sonic Crave Sauce
- 1 Cup Miracle Whip (Or 1/2 cup of Mayonnaise) Both ingredients impart a fatty flavor to the crave sauce, but the Miracle whip is less expensive and has a sweeter taste than the mayo.
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup (Or 1/2 Cup of Tomato Sauce) The tomato taste enhances the sweet and sour flavor while balancing the fat from the mayo or Miracle whip.
- 1/3 Cup Chili Sauce
- 1 tbsp Relish
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Chopped Pimiento (optional)
- 1 tsp Lime Juice or Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Paprika (optional)
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk your ingredients magic whip or mayonnaise, ketchup, chili sauce, relish, chopped pimiento, and lemon juice.
- Then add the Paprika, sugar, onion, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. If necessary, taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Whisk until the sauce has a smooth texture.
- Put your sauce inside an airtight jar or container and keep it in your refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Can I Substitute Some of the Ingredients?
Yes, if you’d like, you may swap out a few of the components in Sonic Crave Sauce. For instance, you can substitute pickles or sliced onions if you don’t have a relish.
You can also play with other spices to make the ideal sauce for your palate.
Here are some variations on this recipe:
- You can up the spice in the dish by adding 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You can adjust the recipe by adding 1-2 teaspoons of water for a thinner but still creamy sauce.
- Should you want a sweeter taste in your Sonic Crave Sauce, add ¼ cup of brown sugar instead of 1 tbsp. of sugar.
- For a spicier sauce, add ¼ tsp of cayenne pepper.
- For a richer flavor, you can amend the recipe by adding 1 tbsp. of Worchester sauce.
- If you prefer a creamier sauce, add ¼ cup of plain yogurt or milk to your crave sauce.
- You can increase the buffalo flavor in the sauce by adding 1/4 cup of buffalo sauce to the mixture.
However, when you change the ingredients, you alter the sauce’s flavor. Therefore, you should take this into account before experimenting.
Tips on How to Store the Sonic Crave Sauce
If you properly store it in the refrigerator, you can use your homemade Sonic Crave Sauce for up to 2 weeks. You should be extra careful with storage, though, if you want the sauce to last that long.
Store it with your leftover soup, tomato sauce, chicken sausage, sour cream, etc. Always make sure that you store it properly so that when you heat it later, the flavor won’t change.
The sauce’s flavor and longevity depend on how you store it. Here are five key points for keeping your Sonic Crave Sauce for two weeks:
- After preparation, keep the creamy sauce in an airtight, dry container.
- Never warm up the sauce. Instead, defrost it out in the open for two hours before use.
- Continually stir the sauce before storing it back in the refrigerator.
- Please keep it away from any wet areas. The sauce could become spoiled.
Seven Dishes That Go Well with Sonic Crave Sauce
To add an incredible taste boost to your burger, top it with a spoonful of Sonic Crave Sauce.
You can top your pizza with some Sonic Crave Sauce for an additional delectable treat.
- Chicken nuggets
Dip your chicken nuggets in Sonic Crave Sauce to make a tasty snack.
- French fries
If you are bored of using the same dip with French fries, try the Sonic Crave Sauce.
If you do not prefer the taste of your salad dressing, substitute it with the Sonic Crave Sauce. This sauce will give your salad a tangy and sweet taste.
- Dipping sauce for chips
This might be unconventional, but dipping your fruits into the Sonic Crave Sauce will make you experience a unique flavor in every bite.
Is the Sonic Crave Sauce Vegan?
There are some non-vegan ingredients in the sauce, like the magic whip and mayonnaise, since it consists of eggs and dairy.
But you can substitute it with a vegan-friendly ingredient like vegan mayonnaise.
Look through the ingredient list to make sure they are all vegan. You may easily replace any non-vegan ingredients in the sauce with ones that are acceptable to vegans.
The taste would undoubtedly be the same.
It is undeniable that people adore Sonics Crave Sauce.
Now you can enjoy it from the convenience of your own home!
Feel free to substitute ingredients as you experiment with this mouthwateringly tangy, salty, sweet, and flavorful sauce to better suit your dietary requirements and health objectives.
Delicious and adaptable, Sonic Crave Sauce is an excellent addition to a variety of foods. Even the pickiest eaters will enjoy the dish and experience how good it can be!